Welcome to #AfricaEd a Twitter chat focused to those working on the African Continent. Whether you are an international educator or working in a local school, I hope that you will join this new PLN to learn, share and borrow ideas from educators across Africa and the world.
#AfricaEd will be a slow chat. Starting out, we’ll have chats just twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. Questions will be posted at 7:00 am GMT on each day. Respond any time and as much as you please throughout the day and follow #AfricaEd to enjoy the conversation. You might not get an immediate reply, but you should get one eventually. We cross a few time zones, so we’ll see what happens.
This is about building a community of educators. Be active to get the most out of it. Join the conversation, suggest a topic, even moderate for a day. But if you’re new to Twitter or chats, feel free to just follow along until you’re comfortable. Just know that we definitely want to hear from you.
Tips for being a part of the conversation.
- Always remember to add #AfricaEd to your tweets (I like to copy and paste, its quicker)
- Reply directly to others for 1:1 conversations
- Retweet and Favorite good ideas to share and save for later
- tag others in the conversation by using their Twitter handle
- join in
- and as my kids constantly remind me “sharing is caring“
If you are interested in helping coordinate and organize please let me know.
Thanks to @j_iglar, @TyrnaD & @ScottCapro and all the #BFC530 crew for the inspiration to get this started.